Senior UX / UI Designer
SmartLockr helps organizations to communicate in a safe way. It kick-started in 2014 when participating as one of the 9 companies from over 360 applicants worldwide, in the Microsoft Accelerator Program in Berlin.
What once started as a safe email solution, has now become a leading Intelligent Data Protection Platform. What makes our platform intelligent? With Machine Learning algorithms we downsize the risks of human error by proactively warning the user on mistakes, which can lead to a data breach.
Although our headquarters is in Amsterdam, we have developed a global mindset. We value transparency, dedication and always think of the solution and not the problem. Both to our customers as within the team. By having a flat organizational structure your input and opinion are of equal importance to us to work towards our main goal: helping organizations to work and communicate safely.
Senior UX / UI Designer
We are looking for a talented Senior UX / UI Designer to join our team and design innovative experiences in a fast-paced, start-up environment. Your work will have direct impact on both the user experience and the industry.
- Lead a robust design process by creating wireframes, user flows, process flows, prototypes, visual design mock-ups, site maps, and beautiful interfaces to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas;
- Conceptualize solutions for complex roadblocks, and translate user requirements into clean design deliverables;
- Empathize with the end user and champion thoughtful design within the organization;
- Identify and improve pain-points in the design, and constantly iterate;
- Design intuitive, engaging experiences that make buying our service easier and more transparent;
- Set up studies and critically analyse design outcomes;
- Maintain and develop SmartLockr’s style guide and brand guidelines;
- Share design early and often and present to stakeholders across the business;
- Collaborate effectively with product engineers and marketing teams to bring designs to life, constantly circling back to measure and improve based on data;
- You will work closely with our CTO and Senior Product Owner;
- Work within agile sprint cycles in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- 5+ years UX/UI design or design- related discipline (graphic design, user experience design, visual design, HCI, etc.) or equivalent experience;
- A strong UX-focused portfolio that includes current case studies and prototypes for web and (mobile) applications;
- Design proficiency across various devices, including a strong grasp of mobile-first design principles and responsive web design;
- Entrepreneurial and proactive;
- Current on trends, emerging technologies, and best practices;
- Working knowledge of the latest trends in UX and UI design;
- Working knowledge of front-end development (HTML/CSS/Bootstrap, etc.);
- Deep knowledge of typography, layout, grid, composition, colour theory, usability and overall user experience of systems and products;
- Extreme attention for detail (pixel-level sensitivity);
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Systems thinker; able to see relationships between various individual parts and the whole;
- Full confidence in Sketch, InVision and other industry-standard design tools.
- A great opportunity to work at a fast growing security company;
- A competitive salary, laptop and flexible working hours;
- Working on the newest technologies and good career opportunities;
- An energetic office in Amsterdam!
Please note; Employment agencies are requested not to respond to this vacancy